stitching sunday

Remember this?


Well, after much deliberation instead of going for the Lone Star option I have decided to finish things off as one big hexagon. Partly because of the fabric I have left, and partly to move things along.


I know my hand stitching is appalling, but my plans for the eventual quilting will hopefully cover up the blue hand stitching.
Why use blue? Well I started this project with a reel of blue over 20 years ago and I didn't see the need to change that now. It has hung around patiently waiting all this time.
Appalling weather here today, grey and drizzly. Just the sort of afternoon to snuggle in front of a movie with some hand stitching.

Comments

  1. 20 years ago! That is hysterical. Makes me feel so much better that it is taking me several years to finish Helen's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 20 years in the making....what a family heirloom it will make or already be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it finished! We have the same grey and wet and windy weather here today; a lovely night for staying indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to seeing how you quilt it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".

Popular Posts