March Journal Quilt

textile art

The third of my Journal Quilts for the Contemporary Quilt Group.

textile art

I am learning as I do these.
Learning that I enjoy hand stitching.
Learning that I enjoy using the Gelli Plate but I don't think it will take over from my usual painting techniques.

textile art

I am also learning to be more mindful about my stitching and the marks I make on the cloth.
There seems to be a lot about this on the ol'  interweb at the moment.
Or maybe it has always been there and now I am noticing it because I am more interested.

textile art

I will finish with a detail because we always like one of those don't we!

Comments

  1. Very nice Deborah, beautiful stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have extended your stitching over the binding.....beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the extended stiching is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fabric choices for a march quilt and love how you do the stitching.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous - I love everything about this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful colours, lovely stitching......and yes, I love close-ups ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this.....so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the textures created by your stitches and love your choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the depth of colour and the mindfulness!! Was hoping to catch up with you at the regional day, (assuming you are going!), but bad planning on my part, have a clash with a Minerva workshop.....maybe see you at FOQ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous quilt with stunning textures and strong shapes - Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".

Popular Posts