This is where it all started for me but times change and now all of my blogging takes place over at my
Quilt Routes blog and I hope you will join me over there.


Saturday, 13 September 2014

Stage 4. Progressing

In my last post you would have seen a glimpse of the motifs that I added to the quilt using freezer paper stencils and paint.

I chose three different motifs, orang utangs, baby sea turtle and a dragon boat, based on the designs from some of the tribes living in Borneo. Each was chosen because of the significant memories that each represent to me personally,the details of which I will go into in my next post.

All seemed fine but as the stitching progressed I became more and more aware that there was not enough contrast to make these elements stand out, especially with the orang utang.

At first I cut out the designs form painted Lutrador but wasn't happy with the results and so as is my want in situations like this I just hit the machine peddle and stitched!



I then created two more using soluble film to be added once all the background stitching had been completed.



The baby sea turtles are the one element that I am happy with.

art quilting

The dragon boat sculpture is okay...ish.


If you are still with me, stay tuned for a full reveal next time.

 photo oldsmall_zps536eaf25.jpg

3 comments:

  1. That looks great with the added stitching, enjoying seeing your process.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the whole picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".