This is where it all started for me but times change and now all of my blogging takes place over at my
Quilt Routes blog and I hope you will join me over there.


Saturday, 31 July 2010

21 flowers

I have to tell you that I really enjoyed making this.
I enjoyed the random piecing. 
I enjoyed using up the pile of purple and pink that I thought I would never find a use for.
I enjoyed recycling some old black denim jeans which I hope you agree has helped to tone things down.
I enjoyed practicing my free machine quilting skills, without worrying about the outcome too much.
I enjoyed adding the "21 flowers" that have hidden a few mishaps!
I was inspired to do it after completing this
More photo of it on flickr here

6 comments:

  1. beautiful colours and love the quilted flowers, ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! Your hand-dyed fabrics are lovely, along with the jeans. I also like the random piecing method.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a wonderful quilt. I like your use of the grayish denim.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".