Colour Wheel Quilt (or Mr Chocolate's Companion)


I have finished the quilting on this quilt.


Why Mr Chocolate's Companion you ask?


Well, a few years ago whilst staying with my friend Jennie in London, my daughter was very taken with a chocolate brown faux fur throw that she had bought from John Lewis (named Mr Chocolate!)
Being the wonderfully generous godmother that she is, next birthday my daughter was given a Mr Chocolate of her own. She loves it so much she would probably wear it outdoors if she could get away with it, which is all very well, but is a bit disheartening for a mother who has made her the odd quilt!


I don't think I was aware of it at the time but I think that subconsciously I had some plan to try and usurp Mr Chocolate from my daughters affections when I chose the main colour for this quilt.


I deliberately haven't shown you a full shot of it. To see it you will have to go here.


Comments

Popular Posts