I know it has taken a week but I got around to stitching the binding on yesterday. The trouble with finishing off a project that was started a while ago is that invariably you have no matching fabric left but I managed to save enough when I trimmed the backing fabric.
I quite like the back on this piece. I would like to be able to take a piece of cloth and stitch paint like this freely.
As this shot shows, it is not exactly hanging flat. This is something that would have really bothered me in the past, but I am beginning to to feel differently about such things.
Looking at the work of artists like Rebecca Ringquist and Micheala Gyetvai has helped. It is cloth after all.
Anyhow!!! It is finished!
It was fun to do. The machine stitching was fast and furious and the hand stitching was very relaxing and therapeutic. It has prompted me to attempt to finish off other pieces that may be lurking!