This is where it all started for me but times change and now all of my blogging takes place over at my
Quilt Routes blog and I hope you will join me over there.


Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Where was I?



I am finding it a bit difficult to do the promised round up of my Soar pieces.
I suppose it is because it seems quite a while ago since I finished them and my mind has moved on to other things, and because if the truth be told I am more about the images than the words.
So here is my brief explanation

I live on the coast and my home is situated quite a few feet above sea level so quite often I see seagulls flying and gliding past my windows. I particularly like it when huge numbers of them circle above. I think there will one or two more in the Soar series.

They are all approximately 21 x 30 inches.
All the backgrounds were done by using up pieces from my stash. You could call them scraps.
The birds were all hand painted and each piece was intensively stitched/quilted.
For more info on techniques use on any of these pieces you can type Soar into the search box to see all the different posts.
Time for something new!

5 comments:

  1. Short and sweet. And so funny that you posted, as last night (or early this morning,I was experiencing a bout of insomnia); I was thinking "I wonder where Deb is.She hasn't posted in a quite awhile". and here you are! Glad to see you're back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing them to us - your work does not need so many words, it's just beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures speak loud and clear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your soar pieces and being by the ocean is such a great inspiration.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to liveby the sea! Has daughter gone to Uni yet? Hope she settles in

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".