This is where it all started for me but times change and now all of my blogging takes place over at my
Quilt Routes blog and I hope you will join me over there.


Sunday, 19 October 2014

October Journal Quilt

Deborah O'Hare

This whole process is definitely helping me to think more about when and where to place my stitching.

Deborah O'Hare

I am not saying that I am getting it right, but I am thinking about it more, not just ploughing into it and then wishing I had given it more thought.

Deborah O'Hare

I do like the painterly quality that I get from using the Gelli Plate to create the backgrounds.
Not so sure about the feel of the fabric. I could have added textile medium and I did try at the beginning of this process, but stopped because it added another step to something that is after all just experimentation and because it made the paint a bit too loose.

Deborah O'Hare

That is why I am enjoying doing these pieces because I am learning as I go.
All caught up now! Only two more to go.

 photo oldsmall_zps536eaf25.jpg

2 comments:

  1. The colors and the flow of this piece, really evokes the feeling of autumn.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".