Journal Quilts Round Up

Deborah O'Hare

My mind has been taken up with other matters of late, but I am applying myself this morning and here are my thoughts on this Journal Quilt Challenge.

Deborah O'Hare
Jan, May, Sept

I have enjoyed this far more than I expected. It is almost as if I was given permission to play, which is ridiculous when you think about it but I suppose we do put restrictions on ourselves even if we don't realize that we are doing it.

Deborah O'Hare
Feb, Jun, Oct

When the colour combinations are separated I like them all.
When they are put together I have my favourites.
Any which way is up!

Deborah O'Hare
Mar, Jul, Nov
I became happier and more relaxed with the concept of abstract as I went along.
I love my Gelli Arts printing plate even more and want to continue experimenting with it.
I have explored the buzz term "mark making" and find that I like it :D

Deborah O'Hare
Apr, Aug, Dec

Sometimes you can over do it and knowing when to stop is important.
I really like the combination of black, white and brown!

Deborah O'Hare
The lot of 'em

Okay, before I go can I just get a bit serious?
You might have paid no attention to the link I added to the first sentence, but the changes that are about to take place on Jan 1st will affect us all. If you live in the EU you will probably find that you can no longer buy from your favourite US etc sites because they will restrict selling to you, not really because of the extra costs but because of the compliance laws that are too complex to adhere to.
If you are in the US and you sell to the EU and you don't comply you will be breaking the law.
I could go on with lots more details but there are others out there who have put it far more eloquently than I can. If you do nothing else then please sign this petition.
Get the facts here and do what you can to spread the word via social media.
At the moment this is just about digital purchases but there are plans to increase it to physical sales as well. Hope you can help.

Comments

  1. These are all brilliant. It looks like you had a lot of fun making them. I didn't notice what you were doing with the colours as you were posting them, but I see it now they're all together. The vat thing is very horrible. It seems all of my favourite designers are having to shut up shop because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pieces and it is nice to just create with no rules and just have fun.
    Not sure what the new rules are all about, but sounds ridiculous to me, will have to read more on it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't noticed the colour repetition - they look fab together though! I've signed the petition, it's a crazy scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deborah, I love this challenge and I think this is something I'm going to try to do next year. Your pieces are beautiful and as the year went on I liked them more and more. Looking forward to what the challenge for the group will be next year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".

Popular Posts